Biathlon at Meadows Park Pool
1000 Yard Swim and 5K Run
Date & Time
Saturday, December 09, 2017 at Meadows Park Pool. Race begins at 7:00 am. Check-in is from 6:15 am to 6:45 am.
- The Biathlon consists of a 1000 yard swim (0.6 miles), followed by a 5K run (3.1 miles). 1000 yards in the 25-yard long pool is 20 laps or 40 lengths.
- A warm up period in the water will be permitted from 6:15 am to 6:45 am (during check-in).
- The race consists of two heats - the first at 7:00 am and the second at 7:30 am. Heats will be assigned at check-in. There will be 18 participants in each heat. Water stations will be provided along the course.
- Two swimmers will share each lane and swim on the same side of the pool (no circle swimming).
- Each lane will be provided with someone to count numbers of laps swum. Counters will signal each swimmer when he or she has 50 yards remaining. There is no diving allowed. All swimmers will start in the water. No fins, paddles, or pull buoys will be permitted during the swim.
- The race fee includes admission, a t-shirt, a race pack, and refreshments the morning of the race. These items will be distributed at check-in the morning of the race.
- In the event of inclement weather, the race will be called off and everyone will be asked to clear the course and pool area immediately.
By Phone: 561-393-7851 or 561-544-8540x1
Online at Active.com
Cost per Registrant
|Advance Registration (Before December 1st)
|Registration as of December 1st